According to a resolution adopted by the Supervisory Board, the Corporate Governance Department is vested with the functions of Moscow Exchange’s Corporate Secretary. The Corporate Governance Department is headed by its Director, who reports to the Chairman of the Executive Board administratively and, functionally, to the Chairman of the Supervisory Board. Resolutions on his/her appointment/dismissal and remuneration are taken by the Supervisory Board, which provides the necessary degree of autonomy within the framework of Moscow Exchange’s management bodies.
The main objectives of the Corporate Governance Department and its function as Corporate Secretary include:
- playing a role in strengthening the corporate governance system and practices of all of the companies that make up Moscow Exchange Group;
- coordination of the Company’s activities for the protection of the rights and interests of the Company’s shareholders and, if necessary, of the shareholders/members of other Moscow Exchange Group companies;
- effective communication with shareholders of Moscow Exchange and, if necessary, with shareholders/members of other Moscow Exchange Group companies;
- supporting the effective work of the Supervisory Board and of the consultative bodies of the Company’s Supervisory Board (hereinafter, the “Committees of the Supervisory Board”), as well as, where appropriate, the supervisory boards/boards of directors of the companies of Moscow Exchange Group;
- participation in disclosure of information about Moscow Exchange.
The Director of the Corporate Governance Department organizes annual monitoring of corporate governance practices within Moscow Exchange Group and an internal assessment of the Supervisory Board’s performance.
Alexander Kamensky has been Director of the Corporate Governance Department of Moscow Exchange since December 2013.
Alexander Kamensky Corporate Secretary
Alexander Kamensky was born in Moscow in 1982.
He graduated (cum laude) from the Law Faculty of Moscow Lomonosov State University in 2005 with a degree in Jurisprudence. He is also a graduate of the Leadership Program at the INSEAD Business School. In 2014, he received a Director Certificate from the UK’s Institute of Directors.
He won the Director of the Year prize awarded by AID and RSPP in the Corporate Secretary category in 2015, the 12th ARISTOS-2014 Award as the Best Corporate Governance Director and the Top-1000 Russian Managers 2017 Award also as the Best Corporate Governance Director. In 2014-2017, he was ranked first in the top 1,000 Russian managers of financial companies in the Corporate Governance Directors category.
- Since 2013: Director of the Corporate Governance Department and the Corporate Secretary of Moscow Exchange;
- 2012-2013: Head of the Corporate Governance Centre and the Corporate Secretary of PJSC MDM Bank;
- 2011-2012: Corporate Governance Manager and the Corporate Secretary of Enel Russia;
- Number of shares /equity interest in Moscow Exchange: 4 shares/0.Number of shares /equity interest in Moscow Exchange: 4 shares/0.00000018%.
In 2017, he purchased 743,413 and sold 743,417 shares of Moscow Exchange.
He does not own any shares in the Exchange’s subsidiaries or affiliates. He has no family relations with any members of the management and/or supervisory bodies of Moscow Exchange. He has been a member of the Council of the National Union of Corporate Secretaries since 10 October 2016.
|Date of transaction||Type (substance) of transaction||Before transaction||After transaction|
|Number of shares||Equity interest (%)||Number of shares||Equity interest (%)|
|06 April 2017||Share sale/purchase||8||0.000000351432||159514||0.007007288|
|18 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||159514||0.007007288||154504||0.006787204|
|19 May 2017||Share purchase||154504||0.006787204||157004||0.006897026|
|22 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||157004||0.006897026||157004||0.006897026|
|23 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||157004||0.006897026||150004||0.006589523|
|25 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||150004||0.006589523||152504||0.006699346|
|26 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||152504||0.006699346||152504||0.006699346|
|29 May 2017||Share sale||152504||0.006699346||140004||0.006150233|
|30 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||140004||0.006150233||140004||0.006150233|
|31 May 2017||Share sale/purchase||140004||0.006150233||140004||0.006150233|
|01 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||140004||0.006150233||137004||0.006018446|
|02 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||137004||0.006018446||137004||0.006018446|
|05 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||137004||0.006018446||136004||0.005974517|
|07 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||137004||0.005974517||100004||0.004393074|
|08 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||100004||0.004393074||120004||0.005271654|
|13 June 2017||Share sale||120004||0.005271654||100004||0.004393074|
|14 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||100004||0.004393074||100004||0.004393074|
|15 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||100004||0.004393074||145004||0.006369878|
|19 June 2017||Share sale||145004||0.006369878||140004||0.006150233|
|20 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||140004||0.006150233||117504||0.005161831|
|21 June 2017||Share purchase||117504||0.005161831||122504||0.005381476|
|22 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||122504||0.005381476||117504||0.005161831|
|23 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||117504||0.005161831||117504||0.005161831|
|26 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||117504||0.005161831||117504||0.005161831|
|27 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||117504||0.005161831||117504||0.005161831|
|28 June 2017||Share sale/purchase||117504||0.005161831||113464||0.004984358|
|29 June 2017||Share purchase||113464||0.004984358||117504||0.005161831|
|04 July 2017||Share sale/purchase||117504||0.005161831||117504||0.005161831|
|05 July 2017||Share sale/purchase||117504||0.005161831||117504||0.005161831|
|06 July 2017||Share sale||117504||0.005161831||40004||0.001757335|
|05 Sep 2017||Share sale||40004||0.001757335||25004||0.0010984|
|06 Sep 2017||Share sale||25004||0.0010984||20004||0.000878755|
|08 Sep 2017||Share sale/purchase||20004||0.000878755||25004||0.0010984|
|11 Sep 2017||Share sale/purchase||25004||0.0010984||20004||0.000878755|
|18 Sep 2017||Share sale||20004||0.000878755||4004||0.000175892|
|03 Oct 2017||Share sale||4004||0.000175892||4||0.000000175716|